Saturday, April 7, 2012

Fun at the Shelby Farms Park!

Did you know that the biggest urban park in the country besides Central Park is right here in Memphis? Yes! It is true! It's called Shelby Farms, and it is a huge wooded landscape right in the middle of the the Memphis metropolis. We (sadly) rarely get over there to take advantage of it even though it isn't too far from our house. After Easter egg hunting, my sister invited Micah & I to meet up with some girls from her church to the new woodland discovery playground that opened last year. Since Daddy typically sleeps most of our Saturdays away, I figured it might be fun to stay out a while longer.

Ebin helping me push Micah in the stroller.

Ebin sliding down the huge slide by himself.
Then he wanted me to go and take Micah, so I took Micah down the huge slide. I think this is where Micah's new love affair with sliding happened!
Micah and I climbing back up the rock wall after our descent ready to go again!
Tons of kiddos there on such a beautiful day. Sliding down with Ebin & Micah again.
Micah running around all over the place getting hot.
Ebin sliding with his buddy Kai from their church.
Being a baby is hard work especially when you are exhausted and way past your nap time! Micah laid his little head on me, and I have to admit I was in heaven. He never snuggles, and he isn't still very much anymore for cuddles.
Playing is hard work! We had a great day, though, followed by some McDonald's cuisine and more playground time! =)
Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment