Friday, February 18, 2011

For the love of his thumb.

Oh my. I have a love-hate relationship with Micah's thumb. We have ultrasound pictures of him sucking his thumb in my womb, but I have never wanted a thumb-sucker for a baby. I wanted a pacifier baby because it is something I could take away at some point in the future. However, my son has other ideas. He loves to put his hands in his mouth, and after two months of trying to figure out how to get his thumb in his mouth...

I think he figured it out, huh? I came into his room this morning to find him like this...

Bless me when I have to try to break him of his thumb one day. I have tried the pacifier, but he isn't having it. So what is a mom to do?? I'm trying to learn to love the thumb because I have to admit it is kind of cute. Kind of.

1 comment:

  1. I love how he has his fingers spread out over his face. Ginny used to do that, too, and it was SO cute. I was so relieved when she finally found her thumb. It helped so much with her learning to soothe herself to sleep, and I've always thought pacis were sort of a nuisance -- constantly getting lost and dropped into nasty places. Ginny still sucks her thumb some, mostly when she's really sleepy. I'm not really worried about it. For now, I say just embrace it.

    ReplyDelete