Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fun times with Ms. J

Internet---I mean, five blog readers---meet Ms. J. (Since I never know how people feel about being on the blog with their real name, I always use some initial or fake name until I know. Ms. J if you would like to be "unveiled" let me know.)

Ms. J met Mrs. Confident when we were five in Mrs. Coombs class. (I left off the s apostrophe back there for Ms. J's benefit. She's somewhat of a grammar guru.) Jussssst kidding about Mrs. Coombs because she doesn't exist. At least not in this story. Seriously, though, I do not know when I met Ms. J because we grew up at the same church our entire lives. I do know she followed me to UU after spending a wonderful week in NYC singing songs to Al Roker the summer after my senior year of high school. I mean, who wouldn't want to follow me after that?

(Sorry, but that's a story for another day. And we did sing for Al Roker. It's true.)

Suffice to say, I've known her a long time, and I love her to death. Ms. J is one of those good friends who you may not get to see that often, but you can pick right up where you left off. She also lives in the same city with me, but you'd never know it because getting together with her is like pinning a feather in the wind down. High powered career woman extraordinaire, that Ms. J. Finally we got together so that she could meet Micah. I think she approved of her hot lunch date.


Micah, as always, just wanted to eat his fingers and/or hands.

We had Chick-fil-a.

It was great to see you and catch up with you, Ms. J! Love ya, girl! Let's do it again sometime sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment