Monday, October 17, 2011

First family vacay day 2.


Micah woke up Mommy bright and early this morning.
It was so early that it still looked like this when I looked out the window...

<span class=
I have to admit, this isn't a bad sight to see even if it was six am (read: five am by central standard time as my body clock said!).
<span class=
What else was a Mommy to do? I woke up with Micah so Mr. C could have some much needed Daddy time off and some sleep. We went downstairs where I started getting ready. I enjoyed my early morning views as we played in the floor.
<span class=
Micah tried to escape back up to the loft. He is in love with these stairs.
<span class=
I sighed another heavenly sigh. Why haven't we gone on a fall vacation before now? It is just simply heavenly.
<span class=
Micah ate some breakfast of yogurt and rice cereal.
He also modeled his new dinosaur pajamas given to him by his Grandmommy.
<span class=
I took a few pictures of the cabin for memory's sake.
And yes, old trusty reliable eleven year old two door Honda coupe made the trip yet again for the Confident family.

She sure was a beautiful, sporty little thing when I bought her.
Now I try not to curse her stupid two doors uselessness.
<span class=
More pics of our cabin and the beautiful morning around us.
<span class=


We went into town for a while where my husband caught a priceless picture of this guy in front of his moonshine sign.

Well, I am from Tennessee.
<span class=

In a very, very decked out fall corner of the city, we took some Mommy & baby shots. Stinky man would NOT take his fingers out of his mouth.

Geez. That's going to be a fun habit to break him of one day.
I<span class=
I LOVE how this photo turned out of my favorite boys!
<span class=
We walked around trying to keep ourselves from eating any tempting food or buying useless junk. Haha! We ended up in my favorite store (the name slips my mind now). But it is a cooking store, and they have loads of useless gadgets to look at. There is also a million different dips, salsas, and jams you can take for a test drive.

We followed our tour around town with a tour of a historic log cabin.
<span class=
Here we are getting our nerd on. (So sorry Micah. You're doomed with historical buffs for parents. I'm so sorry.)
<span class=
Then we came back to the cabin to try to get Micah to take a nap.
As you can see by the photo, this didn't go quite as well as we'd hoped.
Those picturesque floor to ceiling windows don't do well for a ten month old used to black out curtains for his naps...
<span class=

After eating a quick lunch, we headed back out to shop some more. This time we stayed closer to "home" in the Arts and Crafts district. I've been here so many times, but I've never even seen these places! It was neat to find some one of a kind wares which we'll be returning to purchase later on in the week. (We like to browse first.) Micah catnapped maybe an hour all day, and we finally headed back to the house around 4:30 in the afternoon after lots and lots of shopping. Obviously, I didn't take a million pictures (or even one) of us shopping.

When we got back here, we got ready for dinner. Micah played, got into everything (as usual), and we enjoyed the deck. Micah loves this chair.

<span class=

He also loves to try to grab this lamp.
<span class=
Finally, it was time for dinner. Tonight, I decided to try and give Micah his first ravioli.
Haha! I think he enjoyed it!
<span class=

Practicing that pincher grip!
<span class=

After all that ravioli goodness it was time for a major bath in the "swimming pool" to get cleaned up. See, we have one of those huge, heart shaped jacuzi tubs in our cabin. It makes us laugh because Micah is so little, and that tub is sooooo big.

He's having a ball, though! Every night he just crawls around in the tub in an inch of water.
<span class=
We had a tough time getting him to bed tonight. I'm telling ya. Vacation changes up kids' schedules, doesn't it? So I did a very "un-Leah-teacher-like" thing. I put him to bed using a Praise Baby dvd. He always seems to mellow out when he hears his Jesus music. He watches it intently, and very quickly...he was out.

And now, I'm out for the night. This blog post with 5,000 pictures took me forever, but I'll be so glad to have this one day. Sorry if I bored you to death! More tomorrow!

Have a great evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment