My Top Reasons I Love Working:
1. I have a fiercely independent child who is well adjusted and not overly dependent on me.
2. It's nice to have extra wiggle room in the budget. After years of struggling after part time jobs and paying for someone always in school, it's nice to breathe.
3. I enjoy adult conversation & most of my co-workers. (I mean, there are always a few that get on your nerves, right?)
4. Teaching second grade was my dream in college. I finally got that position after nine years as a fourth grade teacher. You know what? I love it! They tell me I'm pretty & the best teacher every. single. day. What's not to love?
5. I pretty much teach at an award winning school and one of the best in our district. No joke. Jobs like these don't just come around that often. Took me eight years to get here.
6. Teacher hours=teacher breaks from school. Need I say more?
7. I have a huge sense of accomplishment when my kids start to "get it." We're not here yet, but we will be.
8. Kid hugs are the best hugs.
9. My bosses are pretty much the most awesome people ever. I've had great bosses at my last two schools including some I used to get Mexican with on a regular basis. True story.
10. I'm proud of that master's degree I earned, and I love using it.