Tuesday, October 16, 2012

31 Days: Real life of a working mom. Day 16.

I totally dropped the ball on many days of the 31 days challenge, and I'm sure you are free to leave my blog if I bored you. However, I was on fall break at the beach on the Alabama/Florida line without full internet access to post for a week. It was a much needed break from my working mommy role, so I just enjoyed it. Tons of pictures to come so keep checking back. If you want to read more about my Thirty-One Days Series: Real Life of a Working Mom, start here.

I'm kind of going back and forth and back and forth on my "position" as a "working mom." It's not easy to be a SAHM, and it isn't easy to be a working mom. Both sides of the fence have their own ups and downs and pros and cons. I'm not going to lie to you. I really always thought I'd be a stay at home mom. And I'm not. I think it can cause some resentment at times, feelings of jealousy, and absolute exhaustion. Honestly? I'm ok admitting that because I'm trying to be honest on our blog.

Yesterday was the perfect example of why I bounce back and forth between loving working and disliking working. I woke up at 5:00 am to get dressed, unload dishes, wash clothes, and set our whole day in motion. We left the house as a family at 6:40 to take my sick son to the doctor.

Yes. I said 6:40 because the early clinic opens at 7:30, and if you get there by 7:15...you might go in earlier. Since I have to be at work by 8:30 this is one of my many ways to run an errand without taking the day off. Mr. C came with me to a) spend time with me since we take what we can get together and b) take Micah back home after we finished.

I spent the rest of my day running around my room teaching. That's exhausting enough.

After educating the future of America, Mr. C & I took Micah for his second haircut. Then Mr. C got his hair cut. We finally got home around 6. I turned around and got the baby ready for his cousin's birthday party at a local pizza buffet. It was super fun, and we hung around our family until 8:30. That's why I realized there was no food in our fridge thanks to a vacation. So at 8:30, we went to the grocery store! Yes! I took an almost two-year old hyped up on pizza and video games to a grocery store at 8:30 PM.

By the time I got home? It was 9:30, and I was exhausted. So I stayed up until midnight getting everything done--laundry, dishes, light cleaning.

Do any other working moms feel like this? This isn't every day, but it is often. And, man! It exhausts me. I just want a "normal" job where I can leave during the day to run some errands, but instead...I take toddlers to the grocery store almost two hours past their bedtime.

This is the life of a working mom. Glamorous, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment