Monday, May 28, 2012

Parts of our weekend.

This weekend has flown by, but thankfully I'm off work now! This is probably my favorite thing about teaching besides the funny things kids say or do. I love my summers off with my family, for sure.

Since I bought the jogging stroller last week (which is on sale cheaper this week so I get to go get $20 back! whoohoo!), I took it out Saturday morning running. I met up with my friends Amy and Jill to attempt week 4 of Couch to 5K. I plan to run the 5K at the end of June, and I'm crazy. I know!

I put on Instagram, "Getting rid of fat rolls one run at a time."

Hopefully, that will come true for me! (Believe it or not, I've already lost about 8 pounds from when I started in February with about 10 more to go!)


I left Micah in the living room this weekend while I put some clothes away in the my bedroom. He's really loud when he plays, and it got suddenly quiet. Imagine my surprise when I returned to the living room where I found him doing this! The little stinker had climbed up on the back of the couch, got the laptop down, set it in his lap, and he was typing away.


This weekend, we attempted to go camping with my in-laws. Ok, so I never intended on camping, and I made it clear that I was not going to stay for the night. I hate to camp, and they were only an hour away. Mr. C wanted to keep Micah down there for the night, and I said yes. I didn't really think the baby would make it. I was right. He was exhausted, so Mr. C suggested just taking him home so he could sleep. He's so presh when he is asleep. (He is all of the time, but who can resist a sleeping baby?)

We have a "book man" who comes to our school and sales odds and ends. I've bought a lot of books from him for Micah pretty cheap, and this time I couldn't resist this lawn mower. I put it in the garage where I hoped Micah couldn't find it. Well, he did find it, so I just went ahead and gave it to him anyway.
;


He loves this compartment in the front of the lawn mower. Have you ever seen an engine filled with milk, fake car keys, and measuring tape? Haha! He's so funny, but he carries that milk around everywhere, so no surprise there.

The blur that you see in this photo is the only decent shot I can get of Micah this weekend playing with the lawn mower. He is running everywhere with that thing. I can't wait to get him outside following his daddy around when he mows the yard next.


Micah's also been a little parrot this weekend. He's added a few things to his vocabulary including:

Nathan (his cousin came out more like Nay-tan)
cheese
door
keys
Oh, geez! (That came after I had a car pull out in front of me this weekend. I guess I still have some vocabulary correcting to do, huh? I don't want him saying that.)

Happy Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment