Friday, May 25, 2012

Sweet summertime. I'm done!

Summer time is officially upon us, and the living is easy now that I'm officially no longer working for a couple of months. No schedules, no routines, no agendas! (No faculty meetings, no grading papers, no parent teacher conferences.)


This morning before work, I actually woke up early, woke the baby up early, and took us on a run around the neighborhood for two miles.

It took me thirty minutes to run two miles.

Yes, that is basically a 14:56 minute mile if you go by my iPhone app.

I am really, really slow at running. I don't want to be the girl who does a 5K in 45 minutes. Oh. My. Word.

At any rate, we were almost all smiles at the end of the six am jog. This was my first time jogging alone (kind of alone). This was my first time jogging before work. This was my first time to use my new jogging stroller. This was my first time to jog in two weeks.

So here is to summer, getting everything back on track, and enjoying time with my family!


No comments:

Post a Comment