Monday, June 6, 2011

A little marriage advice from Kirk Cameron.

Just so you know, I didn't attend the Love Worth Fighting For Conference just to get a picture with Kirk Cameron. The point was not to ogle him the entire night. After all, I am a happily married woman, and the last post was (mostly) just in jest.

However, I did learn a whole lot from the three hour evening filled with stories, laughter, music, and Biblical truth. I think it is awesome that a celebrity is standing up for Biblical truth. So I thought I'd share with you some things I learned from Kirk & the notes I took about marriage. There is a lot I could post here, but I figured I'd settle for some of the basics that hit home.

Ready?

1. He stated that, "The heart of my problem in marriage is within my own heart." He meant that you can sabotage your own marriage just from the attitude you let grow within your heart. It is not your spouse who is the problem. In fact, the problem is probably just how you react to your spouse.

2. If the Lord doesn't have a hold on your heart, He is ultimately the only one who can solve your heart issues.

3. There is only one person I can change, and that is myself. Only the Lord has the power to change the other person in your marriage.

4. Every day in marriage you should be actively engaged in fighting the sin you see crop up in your life. Actively watch for warning signs of problems in your marriage that deal with sin. Take them out as soon as you see them.

Not bad, Mike Seaver, not bad. Bieber Fever ain't got nothing on Seaver Fever. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by this advice. It's actually good! Way to go Kirk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! He had so much more to say, but I know that noone really wants to read all my notes, so I hit the high points. He did a great job!

    ReplyDelete