Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve Reflections.

Today is Christmas Eve, and there are so many things I'm thankful for in no particular order. I thought I'd be random today, and I'd just make a list.

1. First and foremost, I'm thankful for Christ's birth, death, and resurrection. My life means nothing without the sacrifice of His life for mine.

2. I'm thankful for my family. My husband is finally off, and we have had a couple of blissful days full of family time just us & Micah. And he's been awake!! I haven't seen him in almost six weeks because of peak season and our schedules, so just having us in the same room at the same time all awake...awesomeness.

3. I'm thankful for lifelong friends. I'm a very lucky girl because I still talk to my best friends from elementary school (or as my parents called them "the twins"). We met in first grade in Mrs. Bernard's class. Beth was home about a month back, and we had some great time catching up. Her twin sister, Sara, is home for Christmas from Virginia for about a week and a half. I've seen her almost every day since I've been off of work. It's been wonderful to see each other in person. I only get to see them about once a year.

4. I'm thankful for time off from work and my job. (Ironic, isn't it?) We had a hilarious skit at school for our Christmas party after the students left for a half day on Tuesday. It made fun of everything going on in education, and there were so many jokes that only teachers in Tennessee would get set to Christmas carols. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time, and it is nice to have a break from all the stress. I'm thankful that I work in a wonderful place, though. That helps with all the added stress.

5. I'm thankful for my safety. It's a long story, but I awoke a couple of weeks ago to a loud noise, scraping sounds, and a rustling in our bushes outside our master bedroom window. I have never felt so scared in my life as we raced to turn on the lights. I haven't been brave enough to go check the window, and I almost convinced myself I had dreamed the whole thing. However, my sister came by this weekend, and she asked me if Chris & I  had looked closely at the window. I followed her out to the window where she showed me the frame was bent by a screwdriver or crowbar or something, and part of the screen was out. Chills just thinking about it.

6. I'm thankful for coffee. I just discovered it (or gave it a real try) as Micah started with his pneumonia and I was caring for him and working. Wow! I really appreciate that Keurig I got for Mr. C last year! Haha!

7. I'm thankful for the resources God has blessed us with, and we've had fun picking out gifts for people this Christmas who are less fortunate than we are with our Sunday school class. I really hope we can teach Micah it is NOT about gifts but it is about THE GIFT (Christ).

8. I'm thankful for our families. We are very lucky to have our families close by, and they help us out a lot with Micah. I'm so thankful for our families!

9. I'm thankful for our house. I don't care if it is this house or the other house we are trying to buy, but I'm just thankful we have a warm, cozy house.

10. I'm thankful for my son. I know I already mentioned him, but after the tragedy at Sandy Hook, I'm hugging and loving him even more!!

I know this kind of seems like a Thanksgiving post, but I couldn't help it. I'm full of joy this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment