This week, I have learned many, many things. Here they are in no particular order:
1. I am blessed. A year ago when Micah had his surgery, I felt like I was dying taking care of him. It was a rough week just like this has been a rough week. However, this year I have a different perspective. My child is healthy. He was sick, but he is healthy. The Lord has blessed us to have something that is treatable.
2. Pneumonia is hard on little babies. Yes, two-year-olds still fall under the "babies" category. I'm so thankful we didn't end up in the hospital like Dr. O talked about on our second day in a row at the doctor's office this week.
3. I discovered Starbucks this week. I have only drank one cup of coffee since college. I genuinely do not like the taste. This week?? I've had two cups of Mocha Frapuccino Skinnys at Starbucks two consecutive days. (Thank you gift cards!) Coffee has its place in our world. After a week of little to no sleep, I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did.
4. I can't wait to get back to running. I missed it this week as I took care of our son, but I'm ready to start up again this weekend. Running is my release.
5. God teaches you the craziest things when you have a visual. For example, this week Micah had breathing treatments. He fuh.reeek.ed out about it. It wasn't until he finally gave in that he found rest. I just had this huge visual of me kicking and screaming when God was trying to do something I had no desire to be a part of. Eventually (when I figure it out), if I give it over to God...I'll find rest.
6. I love sick days. I'm thankful for a job that allows me to have the flexibility to make family first when I need to. My bosses were wonderful this week!
7. My kids clapped this afternoon when I told them I was back all day. They clapped! Then one of them said, "Thank goodness, Mrs. C! I don't think I could take another day with another sub!" Bless their hearts. =)
8. Kids are resilient. There's not much more that I can add to that.
9. I'm not really sure how all my work is going to get done because I've been out almost a week with a pile of crud on my desk during the last week of the semester. It'll happen. Somehow. Yet, I'm blogging instead. Funny how that works!
10. I'm starting to get nervous about our house. I'm excited, but nervous. I looked at furniture online today on Craigslist. I'm determined that this house is going to have character, and I'm going to thrift my way to some cute stuff one piece at a time. There will be no going into debt. There will be no putting things on a charge card just to fill a house up. I'm buying purposeful, fun, character filled pieces.