Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Day #1

For many years, Mr. C and I spent Thanksgiving Day driving back and forth between Mississippi and Tennessee in one massively long turkey day. A few years back we decided to do my family's Thanksgiving on Wednesday, and we do my husband's family Thanksgiving on Thursday. This has worked out really well so we aren't driving so far, and we aren't feeling quite so rushed. This was especially true of this year's Baby's First Thanksgiving festivities.

We arrived at my mom & dad's house pretty early to help out with the cooking after a shopping trip to Target for some necessities. Micah sported his first Thanksgiving gear.
DSCN6338
We played with puzzles...
DSCN6343

DSCN6345
We attempted to take pictures of the kids...
DSCN6347
Some turned out better than others...
(Aunt KerKer with Micah & Ebin)
DSCN6348
We did some baking and making homemade icing...
DSCN6349
Everybody wanted to help. (Notice my little sidekick in the front of the picture.)
DSCN6350
The kids played with Tupperware (Micah's favorite these days).
DSCN6356

DSCN6357
Ebin decided to use his as a hat.
DSCN6359
So we tried to share the love with Micah.
DSCN6362
Papa got in some much needed grandfather time with Micah.
Micah got some much needed suck his fingers time.
DSCN6364
I made these delish chocolate creations which included my first attempt at chocolate buttercream icing.
DSCN6365
My sister used outside inspirations for our table centerpiece.
DSCN6368
I attempted to take a picture of Micah in his cute embroidered shirt. (Thanks, KayKay!)
This was the best picture I could get...geez!
DSCN6376
Then my sister and I attempted Thanksgiving 2011 pictures of the boys.

Here's how it went down.
Micah was climbing up the stairs. Ebin wanted no part of our picture taking.
Gotta love kids!
DSCN6378
So we tried to do it by the fireplace.
Micah kept cruising, and Ebin wouldn't look at us.
DSCN6379
Micah crawled away. Ebin demonstrated his funny habit of "copying" his cousin by sucking his two fingers.
DSCN6381
My, oh my. We probably won't have a good picture of these two for a few years. Haha!
DSCN6382
Finally, we plopped them in Papa's rocker where we got this jewel of a photo.

Mission halfway accomplished!
DSCN6384
Then Ebin talked his uncle into some more puzzle time.
DSCN6385
We paused for a moment to take this family of three--I mean, four if you include the baby--picture. Yes, my sister is pregnant!! Yay!
DSCN6390
The boys watched football a whole lot. And they watched a couponing show marathon, too. (Sshhh, I didn't tell you that.)
DSCN6391
The desert table.
DSCN6392
The cooks. (Well, I baked desert, so I'm not sure I should count as a cook.)
DSCN6394
Ebin modeled his Indian headwear (very shyly).
DSCN6395
Then Micah demonstrated it, too as he slept in the swing.
DSCN6398
We took a family photo that left out a baby (in the swing) and my brother (in his rocking chair) and Ebs refused to look again.
DSCN6399
Here's our little family after forty takes--this is the best of Micah.
DSCN6401
Mommy & Micah
DSCN6405
Micah had his first Thanksgiving dinner of green beans, ham, and I can't remember what else.
DSCN6406
I'm not sure he really liked it.
DSCN6407
Ebin tried to force feed Micah. As you can imagine, this did not go over very well from Micah's point of view. Ebs got mad because, "Micah won't eat it! He won't eat it!"

Well, I guess he doesn't like having food shoved into his mouth. =)
DSCN6409
Daddy/Papa fed Dale his Thanksgiving meal.
DSCN6410
Mama/KayKay played with the boys.
DSCN6414
The boys played with their favorite thing--trucks!
DSCN6415
Man, do they love some truck playing time!
DSCN6416
Micah now seems to prefer "big boy" toys thanks to playing so much with his cousin.
DSCN6418
Ebin made this funny face (for who knows what reason)!
DSCN6422
Micah was all smiles as he pushed his toy truck around the kitchen.
DSCN6419
The boys continued to watch football, the History channel, and that extreme couponing marathon.
DSCN6426
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!! I know we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment