Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Birthday, Abbey!

Today, Micah & I went to Target to birthday shop for Abbey, and then we headed south to Mississippi for the birthday bash. You might recall "meeting" Abbey here or here. She's Micah's very first friend since she was born the day before Micah at the same hospital a year ago this week.

Here we are driving down to Mississippi (about an hour south) for the birthday party. It was a beautiful day today! Pretty outside! Great temps!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2


Why does time fly by so fast??

I attempted to take pictures with my actual camera. I left the hubs' mega camera at home since it is a chore to lug around, but my camera wouldn't work! So I was left taking lots of iPhone pics with my Android. Haha! One day, I'll get the iPhone. One day. At any rate, excuse the picture quality because I wanted to take some pictures of something. Most of the pictures came out horrible, and maybe if I took some time to edit them into some funky colors in Picnik they wouldn't look quite as bad. However, I just edited this one...

I consider this a good pic because the mommies are looking and the babies are also looking in the same direction!
L to R:
Micah, me, Amanda, Abbey
IMAG0431

Amanda made the cutest little "Mickey's Mouse Clubhouse" out of a baby gate and a sheet complete with a Welcome sign! It was so cute, and it was such a hit with the kiddos! Micah had a ball crawling in and out and in and out.

Here is is with Jett. Jett is Amanda's sister Becca's second son.

I've known Becca since she was in seventh grade.
Cue the Oldies music!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2


Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

Then I tried my 47 attempts to take pictures of Abbey with Micah looking at the camera.
This was a bit unsuccessful.
(Abbey on the left crawling away and Micah on the right.)

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

Micah was into everything. He wanted to play in the barstools.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

He wanted to play with the doggies.
(Micah on the left, Abbey on the far right.)

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

Micah and Mommy at a moment when he'd actually let me hold him. I'm telling you, he's on the move these days!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

Amanda helping Abbey open up her many gifts!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

Minnie Mouse was so cute in her pink princess chair.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

Micah all up in the gifts. He really thought it was his birthday, I think.
Not really, he just wanted to rip out all the tissue paper.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

Amanda & Abbey
IMAG0424
Attempt #34 to get some decent picture of Abbey with Micah.
Abbey at the front, Micah at the back.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

Abbey enjoying her cupcake that was made by her mommy (Amanda).

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2


After a fun time down in Mississippi, it was time to head home since it was getting dark and rain was coming in from the west. We had a great time! Amanda, you did an excellent job with the party planning and decorations!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

Happy Birthday, Abbey! I hope we get to continue to watch you grow and change as the years go by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment