Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving #2. And time with friends!

For Thanksgiving Day, we went down to Mississippi to spend some time with Mr. C's family. I feel like I should write this really long cliche post about all the things that I am grateful for this year. I feel like I could write a book for all the wonderful things in my life, so I'll just keep it short & sweet and show you the pictures.

I am definitely so thankful for this little sweet family of mine.
I love these two more than words could ever explain.


I'm also extremely thankful for my in-laws.

Micah's sweet Grandmommy drives up one hour from Mississippi once a week to help us take care of Micah and give Daddy a long rest. (The day she comes up is usually a day that my husband will catch up on his sleep.)

I'm also so thankful for my healthy, curious, vibrant child.
(Micah's thankful for bubble wrap.)

(Micah's also thankful for boxes!)

And although I don't have any pictures of it, I'm also thankful for sweet friends like Summer. The night after Thanksgiving, we got to spend some time with the sweet Deepe family visiting from Cincinnati, Ohio. We went to eat dinner, played with her boys, the husbands talked career, and it was a great time had by all! We were so bad not to photograph it! (So you'll have to enjoy another cute box picture of Micah instead.) Our other college friend Julie also came by to say hello, and it was great to see her. I'm definitely thankful for old friends. After our dinner, Summer took her babies back to the grandparents to get them asleep while I took my little one home to get him asleep. We both met back up at Starbucks childless to continue to enjoy some one on one girl time at Starbucks! It was so much fun to catch up with my sweet college friend (and the reason I met my husband!!) over this great long weekend.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment