Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve.

I've got about a million posts about Christmas coming up, so I'm just warning you. Picture overload is coming. It seems like we did Christmas a million times, so I'm just going to blog it like we did it! I took a week off from blogging and technology to just enjoy some precious time family time. I'm glad I did! Back to the grind on Monday--can I say how mad I am that we're the only people working on the day after New Year's? Seriously? Whatever. I've had two weeks off paid so I know noone want to hear my "complaint." Haha! I'll try not to talk too much in this post.

Before I start though I'll explain my family's tradition. On the D side of the family (mine), we grew up having dessert for dinner on Christmas Eve followed by opening a present each. Our "dessert dinner" was really a fondue dinner that included chocolate covered everything from fruit to marshmallows to graham crackers. Over the years, we've added dipping food in cheese. Last year we tried cooking our meat (unsuccessfully) in the fondue pot. This year, my mom bought some "amped up" fondue pots so we tried cooking steak again, and it worked great! We also added "pizza fondue" to the menu. I highly recommend bringing my parents' seventies tradition to your Christmas Eve gathering. We love it! So fun to share it with the next generation.

Onto the pictures.


The boys in awe of the "big present" that Ebin wanted to open (even though it was Micah's.)
DSCN6830
Micah's a little bit taller than his present!
DSCN6833
As always, there was more playing with trucks...
DSCN6838
This was super cute. Micah's into this pointing thing now (which is extremely helpful), and the dude KNOWS what he wants. Well, his daddy walked into the room and he double pointed at Mr. C! We all cracked up laughing, and my sister caught it on film.
DSCN6839
Me playing with my sister's new Kindle Fire with the boys.
(Also please excuse my hideous baby bangs that are growing in full force after my pregnancy. They make my hair a living nightmare right now.)
DSCN6840

DSCN6842

DSCN6843
Introducing Angry Birds to the boys and my sister.
DSCN6847

DSCN6849
Fondue!
DSCN6853'
Dig in!
DSCN6852

DSCN6855

DSCN6857

DSCN6858

DSCN6863
"Action" shot
DSCN6864
Me & my honey
DSCN6865
My parents
DSCN6867
The fun with the red balloon.
DSCN6869
Kerr and Jase
DSCN6871

DSCN6875
My mom's smaller Christmas tree (she got wood floors just finished so wasn't in the "mood" to do it as big as usual.)
DSCN6877
Trying to get Ebin to come back down the stairs so that Micah wouldn't follow him.
DSCN6879
Jason in the garage putting together Ebin's "big" present from his parents and my parents...a F150 truck like his daddy's truck.
DSCN6880

DSCN6881
Inside, we were opening up this kiddos' matching pajamas.
DSCN6885
Micah plays with Uncle Dale.
DSCN6891
Papa holds his grandsons.
DSCN6895
Ebin uses his uncle as a climbing toy.
DSCN6897
Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment