Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pinspired party favors.

Pinspired Thursday

Today I'm linking up with my Twitter friend @kodibev on her blog for Pinspired. My son's first birthday party was last weekend, and I've yet to post about it. You know I'm using the working mom excuse. I hope to get caught up on my blogging this weekend. This time of year is super busy for teachers! Crazy days! Anyway, I thought this would be a fun post, and it was pretty quick and easy.

Here was my Pinspiration for my son's woodland themed birthday party. A teacher posted this as an end of the year gift for her students. Since I had already gone a little crazy with some owls, I thought I'd change it up and make this our party favors!

So here is the original:
And here are my own creations:

I went to the Dollar Tree to get clear baggies. It took $2 worth of baggies and some scrapbooking paper from my craft stash at my house. So basically, I spent a whopping $2 and a lot of my time to make these little guys. My facebook friends gave me some feedback about my original owl. I made a few changes...
In the end, I had a flock of owls fit for any woodland birthday party! I was pretty pleased with how they came out, and I was able to use my savings to fill them up with some goodies from Target's dollar spot and the Dollar Tree.
Check back from some more Pinspirations next week. (I might cheat and get out some of my other party decor once I have a chance to post it. His entire party was Pinspired!) And go by and check out my fun friend Kodi's blog to link up with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment