Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I didn't sunburn his feet!

We took Micah to his four month check up today (post to follow with pics), and I am happy to report that my mothering is not awful. Remember when I thought I sunburned his feet??

I didn't.

Thank goodness!

Micah actually has a medical condition that causes his feet to turn extremely red or purplish/blue. The discovery was made this weekend when his feet turned a ridiculous purple color despite the fact he was bundled up. I freaked out, called the nurse hotline, and spoke with someone about his feet changing colors. I noticed he didn't really seem to hurt when I touched his "sunburned" feet. Mr. C & I also noticed that his feet stayed red on and off for almost a week. In the end, the doctor called us to reassure us nothing was seriously wrong with Micah. Thank goodness! I can't think of the name right now, but it has to do with his poor circulation (lack thereof or extreme blood rushing to the extremities) in his hands & feet. It's extremely common until his body develops a little more.

::Letting out long sigh and breathe of relief at not harming my baby::

Micah's fine. I didn't do something crazy to him on accident. Thank goodness!

2 comments:

  1. Ginny used to get purple feet, too. A gentle foot-rub usually helped. Who doesn't love a nice foot massage, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, but it is just crazy how cold & hot those little toes get!

    ReplyDelete