Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday brain dump.

So over at Heir to Blair's blog there is a "Friday Brain Dump" link up. This made me laugh because: #1 I'm doing it on a Saturday.
#2 I feel with my random blogging that a brain dump might be good to get some content on this blog. Ok, it isn't that bad, but it is nice to sit down and write a "proper" post.

So here goes. I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

  • Teaching right now is about to drive me insane. It's not the kids. It's not my bosses. It's not my school. All of the above are AWESOME! I've had the privilege to pretty much only work for awesome bosses at awesome schools. I'm not exaggerating. My husband always shakes his head and says, "You know how good you have it, right?" about my work background. Yes, yes I do. It's the politicians and all the stuff they keep adding to teaching. They are driving me nuts!
  • God is trying to get my mind to slow down. I have a hard time with one day at a time. I keep trying to think over verses from Matthew 6:25-35, ESV (v25) "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor what you will put on. Is life not more than clothing?...(v34) Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
  • Micah is so big it makes my heart hurt. Last night he was running around after his three year old cousin, and all I could think is, "Look at him running. He's running. Sheesh."
  • I'm very, very excited to be starting my next Jean Stockdale Bible study! I love my Beth Moore Bible studies, I do, but they are sooooooo looooong. Not that there is anything wrong with that. However, Jean's Bible studies come out of her MOMS ministry at Bellevue Baptist. When I was on maternity leave all last year, I got to do the Bible study and sit under her teaching. Amazing! I'm hoping to follow along again via podcast/video as I try to keep up with my friends. This semester's study is James.
  • I'd love to find other working moms to make a home group to do this Bible study together. (SAHM welcome, too, but you guys can actually just GO to the church if you want to hear Jean each week with free childcare.) Heck, a virtual Bible study would be awesome, too! I just started, but if anyone wants to...contact me at confidentuntilcompletion at gmail dot com.
  • I have the best job in the world between my son and my kids. They (my kids) say the craziest things that crack me up. My son is trying to say things that crack me up.
  • My voice is going away which means that next week will be long without a voice. Hoping to conserve it this weekend if possible.
  • Ever since pregnancy my joints are like an 89 year old. My knees kill me by the end of the day. Do I have arthritis? I might need to make a doctor's appointment.
  • This is my first year in second grade, and the second semester is amazing me at how much the kids have grown!! They are much more independent, and my job feels easier this nine weeks. However, the attitude has been ramped up just a bit, too. Perhaps they are approaching "big" third graders?
  • My son slept until 8:15 this morning! Hollah! =)
  • I'm thankful for my friend Tami who bought me a book and brings me notes from MOMS.
  • This weekend I WILL finish the last of the Christmas posts and New Year's post so I can get that blog book made!

No comments:

Post a Comment