Friday, April 22, 2011

Resurrection cake & Easter baskets.

So now that I am an official certified cake decorator (I promise! I got a certificate for completing the class), I need reasons to practice my skills. I need to practice my art, try out new cake recipes, and basically use what I've learned. However, since I'd like to get my pre-baby body back at some point, I need victims to eat my creations.

Why not start with a Resurrection cake? I guess I could have made an Easter bunny cake, but quite honestly I'm not that much for the Easter bunny. Oh, don't get me wrong. We hunted Easter eggs at church, & I hate to get legalistic. However, while that is fun and all...the focus needs to be on Christ. I want Micah to learn to focus on Christ so I decided a Resurrection cake would be more appropriate for our family. I also went to some great lengths to look for Biblical Easter basket goodies this year mixed with some fun stuff. Not that our Lord isn't fun If anything, He will give you the most unexpected ride of your life if you let Him! Anyway, you know what I mean.

Here I am with the Resurrection cake & Micah's Easter basket that I decorated.
I'm somewhat Martha Stewart these days. Didn't you get the memo.
I know right. When did that happen?
Posted by Picasa

The top of the cake.
Strawberry cake with white buttercream icing colored yellow, brown, & green.
Posted by Picasa

Wasn't my best cake, and I definitely messed up several things that I tried to cover up.
Posted by Picasa

Overall, I think it turned out pretty good! I was assured that it tasted as good as it looked.
Yeah me!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment