Friday, January 21, 2011

Operation Crib. Nights 3 & 4.

Well, yesterday was my MOMs Bible study at Bellevue, so I didn't blog yesterday. I have a really hard time getting out of the door on time with an infant. I haven't been setting an alarm clock because Micah is as good as an alarm clock by himself. Then what did he do yesterday morning? He overslept!! So that meant I overslept, and we were running to get out of the door and to Bible study by 9AM. I'm exhausted just thinking what it will be like to leave to go to work. However, that is not today, so I'm not going to think about it quite yet.

Micah's stats Wednesday night were pretty good, but I was still getting up a lot more than I used to. I fed him at 10:30, and he woke up at 2 AM. Then he woke up at 4:30 AM followed by a 7:30 AM wake time leaving me about an hour to get us both ready for MOMs at 9. That is still two times getting up in the night when the booger used to give me ONE time.

Something (fingers crossed here) must have clicked last night because Micah did it!! Whoo-hoo! I put him down at 8, and decided to let him wake himself up. I set a backup alarm just in case. I really wanted to try for a late 11 PM feeding. That really seems to help him sleep a lot longer, and I've noticed I keep feeding him around 10. Sure enough, he woke himself up at 11. I fed him, then he woke up at 3AM and 7 AM. Praise the Lord! Even if he doesn't do this another night, it was just nice to get a couple of four hour stretches to make me feel human again. It was also nice to know that I wasn't dreaming. My kid can ALMOST sleep through the night! Amazing how I would have never longed for four hours of sleep in my old life. Now? That is like a miracle!

Maybe it is just taking some time for him to transition himself into his crib? We'll see how he does tonight. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'm definitely going to stick to an 11PM feeding time in the future. At any rate, I'm so proud of my big boy sleeping in his "big boy" bed versus his bassinet. Way to go, Micah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment