Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mr. Independent and the Runner.

Life has gotten back in the way of blogging, again. I've been enjoying our busy summer mostly hanging out with my family and training for my 5k on Saturday.

Micah has been in horrid interesting form these days. He completely knows exactly what he wants, and he is very opinionated about it. He's not interested in you helping him do anything these days. Micah loves to do it by himself. He also loves to throw fits when he doesn't get his way. It seems to be a combo of 1. not having all his vocabulary to fully express himself and 2. knowing exactly what he wants while wanting to do it alone.

It makes for some long and difficult fun days. I know that I need to enjoy each stage, but this past week or so has brought new depths to his personality.

See Exhibit A:

Toddler sees his daddy's six inch sub from Subway.



Father tries to give Micah a piece of the sub broken into small bites.

Micah grabs the entire sub and proceeds to eat it by himself.

Parents laugh because what else can we do but take pictures?


We went on a lovely family walk at the beginning of the week where we saw three deer! It's crazy to live in the middle of a city like we do, but we are still able to see so much wildlife.

You can't see the doe right here, but it just stayed there as we approached.


We got a little closer for Micah's sake. (He promptly called it a "puppup" because every animal is either a puppup, kitty, or duck at this point in time.)

Then I got this awesome shot (excuse the grainy Instagram-ness of it from my iPhone).

This week, I've run more than I've ever run before in preparation for the race on Saturday.

I ran on Saturday.
I ran on Sunday.
I ran on Monday.
I walked four miles on Tuesday.
I ran on Wednesday.

In fact, I ran/walked for seven days straight.

That is just unheard of, and I'm having a hard time convincing myself to rest tonight instead of going out to run. I'm kind of addicted now.


Here's my running calendar thanks to my MapMyRun app.


For the month of June, here are my totals:

49.91 miles
17.4 hours working out
22 workouts
4,542 calories burned



I'm pretty proud of myself and those totals! Yay me!
I'm officially on rest for tonight and tomorrow before the big run on Saturday. I need to keep my energy up, and make sure my knee doesn't give out. It has hurt some this week.

While we were out this week, my friend Amy snapped this picture of us running on Monday night. We ran the 5k course to practice, and I was proud of myself for making it 3.1 miles!

(I feel like I look a bit like a power walker in this picture versus a runner.)

(I also can not believe I am sharing these pictures of me on the internet with the world.)

Then I started to pick up the pace, and obviously my social self enjoys some conversation as I run.


(Here's the unfiltered non-Instagram version of the above photo.)

One day, Micah & I went to the zoo (again!), and I caught this cutie asleep in the car. 

I hope you have had a good week. Just wait. I've got a lot of catch up posts to come. =)

1 comment:

  1. Leah! I'm so glad you're enjoying running! I hope your 5k goes well!

    ReplyDelete