Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A visit to the doctor's office.

Today was Micah's eighteen month old check up.

He was a wee bit sick this winter with the flu, ear infections, blisters on his ear drums, sinus infections, etc., etc. I felt like we spent all of our life at the doc's office. I did a lot of taking off work, so I decided to postpone his fifteen month check up until I could just do it this summer.

He was weighed, and he was a whopping 24 pounds which is only the 25%.
Really?? He's almost 25 pounds, and that is skinny?? I was actually surprised at that, because he kills my back these days when I carry him! =)

Let's look back...remember when Micah looked like this? It doesn't seem like that long ago you were one month old.

These days you look like this. You have gotten so big, Micah!

That was about the only part of the doctor's appointment he was happy for. He wouldn't even let me set him down on the table to take 18 month photos in front of the mirror.


Then he screamed and screamed while I improvised and took pictures of him screaming instead.


Sorry about the blurry pictures, but my camera wouldn't flash today! I was so upset to bring the "nice" camera to document his doctor's appointment and it wouldn't flash.

I guess I'll just have to settle for iPhone pictures.

I dug a copy of Llama, Llama Red Pajama out of a basket of books, and it calmed him down.

He loves some Llama Llama books.

Then we moved on to Guess How Much I Love You.

But ultimately, Llama Llama always wins.

Until he decided to start screaming again. Note: he had not even seen the doctor or had a shot yet. I think he is starting to understand what the doctor's office is about after spending half his winter there.

So this picture montage pretty much sums up our doctor's visit.

Bless his heart.

He was in the 75% for height and head circumference.

In the end, we came home and watched Bob the Builder on Netflix. I'm not a big fan of toddlers watching tv, but he has become very attached to Bob. It makes him happy, and after five shots he wasn't feeling so hot. Plus I enjoyed the cuddles.

I can't believe my baby boy is 18 months old!! Time flies too fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment