Thursday, January 3, 2013

An almost white Christmas.

 So we had a snow day immediately following Christmas, and somebody had a FIT about wearing all this clothing to go outside.
 The day after Christmas and the after Christmas tornado had hit our home. I was in deep cleaning mode before returning to work, and it had snowed! I knew I would forever regret not taking Micah out for a "white Christmas" (even if it was the day after) shot. I gave in, bundled him up, and we headed outside to see his reaction to the white stuff while his Daddy was at work. Here are the pictures from the "good camera" I took of him in the snow.












Moving onto the cell phone pictures of him in the snow...
 



 I'm not really sure what I expected, but he kind of just stood there looking at me saying, "What's that? What's that?"

 Finally, he decided to venture up and down the hill in the snow, but I didn't have gloves for him. So our stay outside was very, very brief!



You have to love a cell phone pick of myself to show that I was, indeed, there with him outside.

Love PicStitch. Do you have that app? So fun to upload and make a collage of photos right on my phone. 

I spent the rest of the day turning Micah's nursery into his "big boy room" instead. We're not quite ready to let him sleep sans crib, but I did bring all his toys from the living room into his bedroom. As you can see, I got rid of a lot of baby stuff that was still hanging around.

I brought in his toy organizer from the living room and filled it with all his new goodies.

We added his new kitchen underneath his woodland creatures quilt. I moved his rocking chair back to make some much needed floor space.

I finally (sniff sniff) emptied all his baby baskets to fill up his bookcase (my bookcase from childhood) with all his favorite books.

I moved his dresser/changing table from one side of the room to the other. I ended up covering up his tree, but I had to have a new arrangement so his toy storage could fit.

I always feel so much better when I finally get an area cleaned up!

My favorite idea? Toy storage in his dresser drawers!


I arranged his clothing so it mostly fits in his closet so I could use the dresser like a toy chest. This keeps unsightly trucks up out of the floor and our sight when they aren't being used.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment