Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Micah and the horrible, no good, very bad day.

So I've just discovered Picnik and Flickr. Where have I been? Not sure, but apparently out of the loop. At any rate, I thought it might be fun to play around with some picture editing in the Picnik software. I have no idea what I am doing, and I really should leave this to my graphic designer (by trade) husband to Photoshop our family album. I know if he reads this, he will critique me on my horrible photo editing skills. C'est la vie. Fun to play with though, let me know what you think.

At any rate, Micah had a horrible day today. Actually, the past two days have been pretty icky since his shots. Yesterday afternoon he started running some low grade fever after going to church, and I chalked it up to his shots. His fever broke pretty quickly, but he was up on and off last night. That is very uncharacteristic of him, and I didn't get that much sleep myself. =(

Then today came, and it was a horrible, no good, very bad day. I tried everything today to make the baby happy. Naps. No dice. Cuddling. Holding. Playing. Praise Baby DVD. Swing. Rocking. Extra feeding times. Strolling the neighborhood. And swimming. Yes, swimming. Now, we did it the southern redneck kind of way. That'd be...no swim diaper & no swimming trunks. Yup, he's naked, but I have made sure to only post photos that are appropriate. I thought that maybe getting out his little baby pool might be fun for him. After all, he loves his bathtime! Let's just say it got some mixed reviews from the little man.

At first, he just had this kind of face.
"Why are you torturing me?"
<span class=

Which was quickly followed by this "I'm here, but I don't really like it" face.
<span class=

This quick swimming experiment ended with him grabbing the water hose, spraying Mommy, making Mommy laugh, but yet he is still not having it. I almost feel like his face in this picture is, "Why are you doing this to me? Fine. I'll stand here, but nobody says I have to like it."
<span class=

Here's hoping for a better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment