Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day #2.

Father's Day, like most of our family holidays, was an extremely busy & fun day spent going to church in the morning, spending lunch in Mississippi with my father-in-law & company, and ending at my parents' house back in Memphis.

In Mississippi we feasted on hotdogs, hamburgers, chips, and my mother-in-law's attempt at a Butterfinger Sonic Blast. Oh. My. Word. She made the most amazing ice cream with crushed Butterfinger bars using a handheld kitchen chopper. I really thought I had gone to Sonic! We watched the kids play outside, and Micah got passed around. And around. And around. Niece & Nephews watched The Incredibles while Mr. C gave his dad the ultimate present: A beef jerky gun.

Um. Yeah, don't ask me. He actually thought his dad would want to make his own beef jerky. Then Mr. C didn't really wrap the present, but presented it in a Bass Pro Shop bag. His dad, his present.

We arrived at my parents' house around 6:30 in the evening, and the rest of a perfect summer day continued with my family. My mama made us some tacos, homemade ice cream, my daddy opened presents, and we played with the boys & visited.

Aunt KerKer with the boys.
As you can see, Ebs had quite the zoo lineup going on.
IMG_3957

All the dads with the kiddos.
Poor neglected Dale. He was in the living room, and we mentioned that we needed to go get Dale. Then somebody said, "Oh, don't get him up yet. We'll get a pic in a minute."
That "in a minute" never happened. Poor Uncle Dale! We love him, but he also loves his tv more. :)
IMG_3961
Cute baby.
IMG_3971
Mama making homemade ice cream with the wedding gift (ice cream maker) she received in 1974. Now that's one high quality piece of electronics there, my friends.
IMG_3975
The ice cream was thoroughly enjoyed by all.
IMG_3982
Oh, you can see this quick video of the ice cream enjoyment if the pictures just aren't enough for you.

Mamas held babies. Ok. This Mama finally had a minute to hold her baby since no one would give him to me all day long unless I was nursing him.
IMG_3979
Then Keren taught Ebin how to catch lightning bugs.
IMG_4001
You can see more lightning bug catching here if you wish.

Then Ebin drove around my parents yard with the lightning bugs in the back of his four wheeler while trying to watch the bugs and not the road. This may not bode well for his future driving career.
IMG_4003
Then finally it was time to let the bugs go back into the wild.
IMG_3994
All in all, it was a wonderful day!
IMG_4013
Until I realized in all the picture taking not one photo was taken of my actual father with his actual children.

I guess a pic with the grandchildren will have to do instead!

IMG_3960

IMG_4014

Hope you had a wonderful Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment