Monday, March 7, 2011

Easy enchildas.

I don't cook. Nope. I don't. Mr. C is the primary cook in this family of three. I'm afraid Micah won't journey home for hours from college wanting "Mama's good cookin'" because...

I stink at it.

However, every so often I hit upon a recipe that I can do. When I do, I make it over and over again. I'm about to share with you one of my favorites, ok? I didn't take any pictures or a step by step tutorial, but if you are looking for a new recipe that is easy this is the one to try. I also love this recipe because most days I have this on hand in the pantry.

Ingredients:
Enchilada seasoning packet
1 & 1/2 cups water
1--8 oz can of tomato paste
1--can cream of chicken soup
1--can cream of mushroom soup
1--can of Rotel tomatoes
1--package of LARGE tortillas
1 lb of ground beef (although I'm sure you could use chicken or ground turkey)
Shredded Mexican cheese

Fix meat and drain. Follow instructions on the enchilada seasoning packet. Add cream of chicken soup and cream of mushroom soup to the simmered enchilada sauce while hot. Mix thoroughly. Drain Rotel tomatoes and mix into the sauce. Pour 1/2-3/4 of sauce in another bowl, add meat (the directions say to add meat to the sauce, I do it all at the end) & cheese (however you like the cheese--heap it if you like tons of it melted into your enchildas). Spoon sauce into tortillas, roll tortillas and place the seam side down in the pan. It should make about 8 large tortillas. Pour remaining sauce over the top of the tortillas, sprinkle with cheese as you like. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30-45 minutes at 350 degrees (depending on your oven). Serve & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment