Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tummy time.

Micah detests tummy time. I mean, he hates it with a passion. I think part of this is because he has some problems with the muscles on the left side of his neck. Micah was a breech baby, and he was a big baby, too. He sat in a very uncomfortable position for a really long time because he got so big and I was so small. As a result, some of the muscles didn't quite develop the same on the other side so he prefers one side of his head to the other. We have to do neck muscle exercises every day, and I work with him on tummy time. He screams, and I really hate watching him hurt. On the other hand, I want him to grow up strong and develop those muscles. We keep at it, but it is not fun for him. He kind of scares me a little bit because he is doing something I am notorious for doing. He tries really hard, gets super frustrated, lays his head down, gives up, cries, and then tries it again. Even as an adult, this is a huge part of my personality. I get frustrated with something so I quit out of sheer frustration. Eventually, I do press on, but it is weird to watch my own son possibly show signs of one of my least favorite personality traits about myself. Here are a few pictures of Micah's tummy time.



1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever heard of a baby who enjoyed tummy time. At least he keeps trying, right? Brave boy! :)

    ReplyDelete