Thursday, March 3, 2011

Just another day enjoying maternity leave.

This morning started out a little rough because I went to bed at midnight. Now that Micah is sleeping almost twelve hour chunks, I've gotten a little spoiled. I stay up late, get things done, watch tv, do my Bible study, and have "Mama time" while he sleeps. Then he wakes up around 8 AM. So I can still get a lot of sleep and go to bed late. I've been trying to "train" him to sleep late, but truth is...I don't know that I have done anything magical. He may just take after his Mama and love sleep. (I'm the butt of all family jokes I'm so known for my ability to sleep anywhere. I mean anywhere. And through anything.) However, Micah woke up at 5 AM this morning! Yes, I realized it was only a few short weeks ago that I was praising the Lord for a solid four hours of sleep. I was surprised this morning. I fed him, and he woke up again at 6 and 7! Little booger. We had to be up for MOM's Bible Study anyway, so I feel like a bit of a zombie today. Bible study was great, and afterwards I came home to cook.

If you really know me, you know I can't cook. I also don't cook. Mr. C is the cook in our home. Ok, that's a lie. I have two things I can cook well. Chicken Rotel with Doritos and Creamy Enchiladas. That's it. At any rate, we had a friend have a new baby. Just having my own baby, I know how much I appreciated those wonderful meals the first month! I got out my standby and made creamy enchiladas for them. Then drooled over how I wanted enchiladas for my own family.

My mom texted me yesterday, and my birthday present finally got here. She ordered one of those pulled canvas prints of Micah's newborn session for me from Sam's. At first, I wasn't so sure we picked out the right picture, but I got home and hung it up. It looks a lot different on the wall and not as blurry as it did in my hand. I love it! It looks really awesome in my living room.
I say that to tell you we (me, Micah, and Mr. C) headed over to my parents' house to enjoy the afternoon. My sister is in Atlanta for a work conference, so my nephew was spending the night tonight with the grandparents. Here are some pictures that I took of the day.

PawPaw with Micah

Ebin's face when he saw the camera. He said, "Picture! CHEEESE!" I could eat him up.

KayKay and Micah
PS I love his outfit today. A cute onesie, some equally cute jeans, and just look at those tennis shoes! :)

This is what happens when you let a two year old take a picture. Ebin wanted to take a picture of his uncle, but then suddenly got side tracked by his truck. "Take picture of truck!" he said. So, the truck was his focal point of the photography.

Me with the boys.

Micah and his daddy.

Ebin swinging as his Uncle C pushed him.

My main man playing with my nephew.

No comments:

Post a Comment